Search This Blog

Saturday, 25 September 2010

Sunday 26th September

Well what a week that was. I think I last chatted briefly on the day after my birthday. So much has happened since, it is difficult to know where to start....

I'm sitting in my brothers lounge at 6.15am in the morning. Woke up early to the sound of a new singing bird, local to Leicester and the surrounding district. The "Cockney Warbler" has a loud, piercing call which repeats every 5 seconds. Anyway it woke me early!!

I want to take you back to Friday this week as this was definitely the day the weekend started!! ...... I woke early (around 5.00am- which I did at least 4 times last week) to start to deliver all the cakes for the Fundraiser at the College.

I think I'd mentioned before that I had been given permission and the full backing of my principal to organise a coffee and cake morning at two main sites of our college.. Well after about 9 days of organising Friday 24th was the day...

At this point I will let the photos from one of the sites do the talking.... :-
One of my nieces prepared some wonderful cakes..
One of the venues at the Lansdowne Campus


Some of our happy customers with one of the Macmillan volunteers

Suffice to say the event was a resounding success and we raised an incredible £260.55p for Macmillan Cancer Support in under 2 hours!!

My relief and pleasure at this success was only outweighed by two things.... the fact that my brothers two sons volunteered to help out at the cafeteria I was hosting in Bournemouth (very proud of them!) and... there was just enough cakes left over to share with a local Hospice and the ward staff from Poole Hospital who looked after me so well last year...A GREAT DAY ALL AROUND!

The following morning (yesterday as I blog now) we were again up early to drive to Leicester, and a much anticipated and cherished visit to my brother, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment