Search This Blog

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Sept 8th

A bit of a wet start to today. Headaches gone thankfully and I'm in my normal coffee venue (8.15am) building myself up for another day at the college. You're probably thinking what does he do at this college. Well I've been working here for 13 years and most of that time I have been a lecturer. I'll tell you some of my other roles here on another occasion, but now I do work with adults who are mainly in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. I absolutely love my job and can talk for hours on the subject. For now though I need to get back to my coffee and ciggie. In the words of Arnie..."I will be back"

10.45am
Just about to start final assessments on my students work. Tough session but I hope they all pass. They've worked hard on the course and I so want them to achieve!! Keeping the "idea" under wraps for a while as I've got a busy time over the next few days and need to be in clear head-space to write about it.... Watch this space?

12.45pm
All Assessed and Achieved! Big congratulations to my hard working students. Quiz this afternoon to lighten the mood a bit!!

7.10pm
Home at last and really tired after a long day. Quiz was a success and the prizes which I provided from last weekends aborted car boot sale went down well. The first prize was a Jeremy Clarkson DVD about super cars etc. Came home at about 5.00pm and went to my local for a swift half of Guinness and a chat with the local. Then up to Weight Watchers (yes I go to Weight Watchers every Wednesday!!) and found out I lost 4lbs this week...a good week! Gone are the days when I looked like this....




Taken in Jersey in 1977 when I was a Head Waiter of Le Couperon Hotel and Restaurant in Rozel Bay..and yes before you say it I did have a long "gringo" style moustache back in the day and was probably 5stone lighter than I am now!!








or this..Taken in 1976 at My parents hotel in Boscombe (The Pines Private Hotel)














Anyway I digress...(I like digressing!!).... back to tonight.
The Crafty Cockney is working late and should be coming home soon with a Chicken Chow Mein from our favourite Chinese takeaway "TOPWOK" so I'd better lay the table and prepare the drinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment