GeoTagged, [N50.72234, E1.86621]
8.20am
It's my last day of assessments and while I sit here with my coffee and ciggie I'm thinking about my students and all the hurt they've had in their lives. I hope this course will be a stepping stone to a more stable and productive period for them. Looking forward to a busy weekend ahead. School Reunion in Merthyr on Saturday and the Help for Heroes Concert in Twickenham on Sunday! Mmmmmmmmmmm!
5.10pm
Had a great afternoon with Simon, Peter and Brian joining in the Quiz with the students then finishing off most of my end-of-term paperwork (of which there is a mountain!). Now starts the countdown to my leave...
Got a morning in the North ~Road site of the College in Poole. I'm attending one of my Principal's addresses principally (no pun intended!) aimed at the returning full-time teaching and admin staff. The good thing about my course is it runs through the summer which means I have a split holiday:- 3 weeks in June and 2 weeks in September. So in exactly 6 working days I can relax for 2 weeks.
Anyway back to the Principal's address.... I've heard today from some staff who have attended already that his new push ios for a return to "Community College"stuff which will open the door for some of my small ideas I have for charity projects like a car boot sale on the college car parks.. and more importantly might open the doors slightly for the BIG IDEA!...Let's hope it goes well tomorrow/
Having a quiet evening in with the Crafty Cockney so probably won't be updating this blog today. As a parting shot though i thought I would include a PHOTO which might give you a clue as to what the IDEA might be?

No comments:
Post a Comment