Search This Blog

Saturday, 6 November 2010

Saturday 6th November

Well another week has passed and it has not been without it's moments.....

  
The Count take place in North Road
I might have mentioned before that I had put my name forward for the post of college governor. The election took place this week and although getting excellent support and votes from my colleagues I was soundly beaten in to second place by one of my rivals....anyway a little disappointed yesterday (in fact you might say a tiny bit bitter!) but have come to terms with it already.










At the De Vere in Southampton 
I'm writing this as I sit in the De Vere Hotel in Southampton. I'm here to pick up my new (well nearly new) car from our friend Miles who is also a top car salesman for Hendy Ford.. As you know by my earlier blogs I'm a bit of a gadget lover and this new car has some lovely built in toys which I can't wait to play with later.. More importantly it's a diesel, auto which is great for my back (no gear changes) and runs very economically.










Had a little bit of a shock on Thursday when I went for my 12 week cancer check. Mr Osbourne informed us that my melanoma cancer has returned and I am to undergo some chemotherapy from next Tuesday. Who knows my next blog might well be from the chemo ward in Dorchester Hospital...watch this space!

My lovely wife the Crafty Cockney (and our families and friends) are a little upset but they all know I'm a fighter and between us we will do all we can to eradicate this latest setback....

Speak soon folks...it's time to pick up that car....Mmmmmmmm!

4.30pm

Finally left Southampton the very proud owner of a car we named "The Beast" - I think a few photos will help show how pleased I am with it.....














- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment