Search This Blog

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

5th October - Day trip to Cherbourg


GeoTagged, [N49.63977, E1.62229]

1.40pm French Time

The poor CC (because of flu) couldn't join me on my day trip to Cherbourg. I'm sitting in the square with a coffee and ciggie thinking how much she would have enjoyed the trip and just as I write the sun is breaking through the heavy Normandy Clouds.

Only got about one and a half hours left. Enough time to get a bowl of the delightful local mussels and a glass of crisp dry wine before boarding the sea-cat home to Poole.

I love France and all it's idiosyncrasies and being here today has reinforced my feelings to live eventually in another country in Europe. Photos and thoughts from the trip to follow. Off to eat!!!

Sailing past Old Harry Rocks - Purbeck

The Class of Sea Cat for the journey

Our Favourite Cafe in Cherbourg

The Theatre in the Square

Pumpkins for Sale in the Market

The Old Atlantic Terminal where the QE2 used to dock

Sunset as I return to Poole following the day trip
 A fabulous day all round....

No comments:

Post a Comment